Privacy Notice: At eCore, we’re committed to respecting your privacy. We use Breezy HR, a web-based hiring platform, to assist our recruitment process. As part of that process, we require you to submit a personal information/identification document that will be treated with high confidentiality and shared with authorized hiring team members only. Your identification document is used for screening purposes and your personal information is used to determine whether or not you’re a good fit for current and future roles at our company. Please provide accurate information, otherwise, your application will be disqualified and you will not be able to reapply in the future.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS before you apply:
QA Lead job description
eCore Services - Home Based
Full-time, Contract - Remote
About the Company:
eCore Services is a professional services company that is on a mission to help its clients’ businesses grow by offering innovative and valuable solutions. The company has a fully distributed team that interacts in a virtual and global yet lively and entrepreneurial environment. eCore also promotes flexibility in the workplace in the form of part-time or full-time schedules with 100% remote availability and no travel requirements.
The eCore Organization combines virtual work, international development, and a wealth of entrepreneurial experience. We all believe in using technology, talent, and innovation to simplify costly business processes while providing jobs to hard-working individuals deserving of opportunities and those serve as our organization's core value.
The eCore is looking for a customer and execution-focused quality assurance lead for our client.
# Who are you?
- You are an experienced quality assurance tester with at least 5 - 7 years of experience in testing cloud-based applications.
- You have created automated test suites to test cloud-based applications and web-based user interfaces.
- You have managed a team of QA testers for at least 1 - 2 years, set up QA processes, and know what it takes to create a quality assurance team from scratch.
- You are customer-focused. You spend time to understand the company’s strategy, product positioning, and customer demographics, and you develop test plans that support those objectives.
- You are self-directing and don’t need someone to specify what to test.
- You can demonstrate success in creating automated test suites using tools like Robot framework and Selenium.
# What will you be working on?
- You will manage a team of QA testers and report to the VP of Engineering. You will manage the quality assurance function for our Client’s software engineering platform.
Specifically, you will:
- Focus on the tactical: How to release high-quality software at the highest possible velocity
- Work with the product management team to understand requirements, use them as a basis for developing test plans.
- Clearly communicate test status to stakeholders.
We’re not looking for just a list of failures or successes, but what a failure really means to the product experience.
# What else is required?
- Commit to working at least 8 hours during the hours of 6:00AM - 3:00PM US Pacific Time on an ongoing basis.
- Comfort in working in a distributed development environment.
- Demonstrable success in shipping software products in an agile development environment.
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, and GitHub.
eCore Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.